Local chapters of family organizations are a great source to access family advocacy services and to learn about the availability of services in your local area.
- The Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health – Colorado Chapter,
- Tom Dillingham, Executive Director, email@example.com.
- Mental Health America of Colorado, www.mha.colorado.org
- Family Voices, www.familyvoices.org
- NAMI Colorado, www.namicolorado.org/
- Lacey Berumen, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- EMPOWER Colorado, http://www.empowercolorado.com/
In 2007, the Colorado General Assembly passed House Bill 07-1057, establishing the creation of family advocacy demonstration programs in three sites for youth with mental health or co-occurring disorders who are in or at–risk of becoming involved with the juvenile justice system (see C.R.S. 26-22-101 to 106). A copy of the final evaluation of the demonstration program can be found at:
PDF RESOURCE: Family Advocacy Demonstration Project Final Report
For more information on the Family Advocacy Demonstration Program, contact Bill Bane, Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Behavioral Health, Bill.Bane@state.co.us